10 September 2008
Dear Elizabeth Goudge,
I have just read your wonderful book “The Little White Horse”. I absolutely loved reading this book. Some parts made me sit on the edge of my seat and when my mum came into my room to turn the lights off, I would not put the book down.
I would like to ask you some questions about the book so that I may include your comments in my reading contract report.
- What inspired you to write “The Little White Horse”?
- I am a ten year old girl. What other books do you recommend my friends and I read?
- The names of the characters are intriguing. What made you come up with the names of the characters in “The Little White Horse”?
- My favourite character is Maria Merryweather. Who’s your favourite character and why?
- My favourite part of the book is when Maria and Robin escape from Monsieur Coqu de Noir’s castle. What is your favourite part of the book and why?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
I can’t wait to receive your reply.